That being said, I don't enjoy the sudden let-down after it's all over. For example, I just finished a nine-show run of "HONK!" It's the story of the Ugly Duckling in musical format. I played the Mama Duck, Ida. It was such a cute show! Like I mentioned above, my favorite part of the show was getting to know everyone in the cast and crew in our rehearsals and getting to perform with them. We spent so much exciting time together that now I feel like I'm a boring old hermit going around doing normal things. That's a let-down if ever I've had one...
Let me highlight some of my favorite parts of the play...in no particular order...
- Getting to sing a lot - some of those songs felt like they were just made for my voice!
- Getting to dance - didn't get to do this in last year's play and I missed it...
- Being the music director - I knew what I wanted, and got it for the most part.
- Working with Pam - our amazing director. She made the whole process worthwhile!
- Working with adults - nothing against teenagers, but it was nice to have some more mature voices and personalities this year.
- Working with teenagers - we've had cool teenagers in the past, for sure, but ours this year were an absolute joy to work with! Not the stereotypical high-maintenance or dramatic ones, just humble, sweet, and cool kids that helped me feel young!
- Working with kids - kept me on my toes! And they're stinkin' hilarious!
- Working with Dylan - he just kept getting better and it was fun to see that progression in him. Also fun to have him throw things in as he got more and more into character. He's a just a great actor and easy to work with...for the most part. Not to mention all the Brian Regan jokes and Disney movie quotes he understands! Thanks Dylan, and take luck!
- Only having one costume - and one amazingly cute costume at that! Thanks Mom!
- Having an amazing pianist - never needed to worry about that one...whew! Thanks Shane!
- Group Night - the best audience ever is the North Star Ward!!
I could go on and on, I'm sure. But instead, I'll just post a few photos and let them do the quacking...er, talking.
"Your place is with the swans." - Ida, Ugly, and Penny