Friday, November 14, 2008

Lucky Annie...

So I was driving home from work the other day, and one of my favorite songs came on. I'm not typically a big fan of John Denver, but Annie's Song gets me every time. This seriously has to be THE most romantic song ever written! I mean, look at these lyrics:

You fill up my senses
like a night in the forest
like the mountains in springtime,
like a walk in the rain
like a storm in the desert,
like a sleepy blue ocean
you fill up my senses,
come fill me again.

Come let me love you,
let me give my life to you
let me drown in your laughter,
let me die in your arms
let me lay down beside you,
let me always be with you
come let me love you,
come love me again.

Seriously. What girl alive is impervious to this? What powerful imagery - mountains in springtime, storms in the desert, rain, forest, ocean... Just imagining these things is enough to fill up my senses to overflowing! And the second verse - wow. What more is there to say?

Nope, can't think of anything. Love this song!!!

What are some of your favorite love songs?

2 comments:

Cardalls said...

I am with you on Annie's song...I LOVE IT! I also am a sucker for "True Companion" by Marc Cohn and "I love the way you love me" by John Michael Montgomery...both extremely sickly sweet and romantic but that second one can make me cry almost any time i listen to it! Do you have an invite to my blog? If not let me know via email or facebook and i will send you an invite.

sara said...

I must say I'm a fan of "Someone like you" from Jekyl and Hyde, but I had never actually read the words to that Annie's song before. It's a keeper too!