Friday, June 26, 2009

I Need a Topic

Wow - I can't believe it's been almost a whole month since I've written anything. It doesn't seem like I've done anything lately that's worth writing about in my blog for the whole world to see. I just can't think of anything that's blog-worthy.

For example, should I write about the few days I spent at home organizing and cleaning in preparation for the big move? Camille and I made a two-day marathon out of the whole thing, and man, we have a lot of stuff.

Or should I write about the trip to Lake Powell with friends? Do people even care that I tried water-skiing for the first time and never quite made it? Or what about camping on the beach and the insane wind storms we got to experience? Of course, it was way fun and might make for a good blog, but who can say?

Maybe I should write about helping out with the play this year, "The Wizard of Oz." Kate and I are manning the spotlights for it and having a good time cracking jokes over the headset. Plus we get to see good friends every night! Is that even interesting?

How about this little tidbit? I finished the Yellowstone video after months of grueling labor. Our preview party was great and everyone really loved it! I was so happy with the final result, but do any of my blog readers really care?

Perhaps some people may be interested in how I spend my days, now that I'm living the life of the unemployed... I have to make to-do lists every morning just so I can actually get things done. It's amazing how time really flies when you don't have a job to go to every morning. I just don't know if that stuff is blog-able!

Would it be interesting to read about how I'm preparing for my Peru trip? About how I've been hiking every Monday with Tanya to train for the Lares Trail? About how I've been exercising every day on top of that, but still haven't lost any weight!?! About how I spent a fortune at REI just to get everything I need to go down there and spend more money?

Should I write about how I'm already starting to feel phased out? How, with about a month left to go in Las Vegas, I feel like the time is just slipping away until The Big Move? How people around me (and me too, actually) are already moving on with their lives and starting to break ties? How that makes me a little sad?

Nah...

I just can't think of anything to write about. Hopefully I'll get over this writer's block soon, but I make no promises...

6 comments:

Tanya50 said...

Man Nicole!! I'll miss you so much!!

sara said...

wow, that's a lot you didn't tell us. Maybe some day your life will get exciting.

Stephanie said...

you are so awesome... Lots of love...

So I have not been able to stop thinking about the yellowstone video. Oh and we need to spend more time together since you will be leaving soon.

Becki said...

Nicole you sound down...Hope your move goes well, I agree with Sara's comment. I don't know where you're going, or why, but I hope it all works out! If you ever want to stop by Alabama, I get a little sad for those phased out times too. We can hang out. :) Love your guts!

Anonymous said...

Well Nicole, I think you're experiencing writer's block because you've been doing so much and there is so much you still have to accomplish before the big day! I know how you feel...To a certain degree anyways, I never think that anything I do is interesting enough for other people to read. And you reminded me that I haven't given you the pictures from Lake Powell! Is this enough of a book for you? :P

Sarah said...

How exciting! Change is always good, but yes, a little sad. Jer and I were talking last night, about how we miss you all in LV-mainly the North Star Ward, what a fun couple of years! We will never forget them. You take care in Wyoming and keep in touch!
Love ya!
Sarah