Thursday, October 2, 2008

Slightly out of control...

Per yesterday's post, I'm trying to stop my blog procrastination habits. There is one trip from this summer that I haven't written about yet, so, despite my not having pictures available at the moment, I'll attempt to rectify that situation.

This was possibly the best trip of 2008! Back in the fall of 2007, some friends and I discussed the possibility of taking a trip to Yellowstone the next summer. Some of them had never even been before! (shock and outrage) I thought this was a complete travesty! My family has an annual family reunion in Colter Bay Village in Grand Teton National Park, and we often travel through Yellowstone and see all the sights while we're there. In fact, so many of my childhood memories involve that area, that I think of it as a kind of second home - my favorite place on earth. So naturally, the idea of someone never having seen that place with their own eyes was appalling to me. What else could I do but organize a trip?

I don't know if many are aware of this little tidbit, but I really enjoy organizing things. I think somehow as I've gotten older, my obsessive-compulsive tendencies have kicked it into high gear because I tend to get slightly out of control... Add to that plenty of down-time during work in the summer (and autumn, apparently, as this is being written at the office), and you have a recipe for uber-organizational-bliss! This is evidenced in a few different ways - please allow me to elaborate. After getting our little group together, I proceeded to draw up a day-by-day itinerary, complete with lists for packing, financing, tips on camping in Wyoming, a mammals-of-the-area checklist, sight-seeing musts, hiking trails, and a Yellowstone quiz. These were put into folders which I then personalized for each member of our trip with fun travel/camping stickers and their names. Did I mention I get slightly out of control?

So, with the organizing complete, we were ready to roll. Unfortunately, I am now ready to roll from my office, so this blog will have to be continued on tomorrow's downtime.

Ahh, productivity...

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It's nice to see you back in the blogging world. You are such a good writer. Keep the posts coming. btw, I tagged you on my blog. Come and check it out.